Friday, July 23, 2010

Sunny Days Cloudy

Rainy Days - Wren

I don't know much about this band but I know that their music is the kind of different that isn't found around every corner. Each of the tracks featured are seemingly split up into two coherent songs which makes for a welcome change in the pace and tone. A fair warning: adjust your ears; this is a great album but I didn't think so the first time I gave it a listen, so if you're up for it, hear it out and then judge. Also, look out for a cover of one of the greatest classic pop songs ever made.





(As far as I know)The following videos are not the official ones, but they are shot by the artist himself.

Abusing Sunshine - Wren



This is the video that incited me to track down this band and get the album. I don't believe that the simplicity of this video as any symbolism to it but the single-angle aspect is brilliant.


A Philistine On The Sidewalk - Wren


The vocals are by Brittany Soldo and the music and lyrics are by Cody Weber (Wren). I wish this song was on the album.


Xero & The Boombox Theorists

No comments:

Post a Comment