Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Burnt Or Crossed

Crossing The Rubicon - The Sounds

The Sounds released their third album on June of last year and I must admit it took me time to actually get this album seeing as how I had already gotten three great tracks. Right off the bat, this album is great from top to bottom, a dozen jewels in this release. The songs would be labeled as New Wave but to really get an idea of how this sounds, I believe it toes the line between Alternative Rock & Electro-Pop. Fantastic harmonies, superior mixing, superb vocals, provided by lead singer Maja, high energy sounds and all around genuine desire to make good music are what make this a must-have for lovers of the genre. I had recently learned that this album was self-produced and released by the label founded by The Sounds themselves and seemingly funded by their world tour; at least they had a say on what exactly is going to be on their album and I'm glad they did so because this was an experience for me, and it might be for you as well.

Xero & The Boombox Theorists

No comments:

Post a Comment