Monday, August 16, 2010

By Leaps

One Beacon In The Strand - Disalto

I like Punk-Rock; I especially like it when it sounds this good. While this is not the best album of this genre that I've heard, it is the best I've listened to in a long time. Punk rockers tend to be far too political in recent times and I feel it takes away from the musical experience; even though political themes play a huge part of Punk-Rock's history they shouldn't overtake an entire album. One of the best things about Disalto's second release is the great mixing job; sounds random but if you've ever listened to this genre you can understand my delight. Harmonies and subtle nuances come through just as much as blazing guitar riffs and explosive drums and I guarantee that it makes for a rather enjoyable experience. All ten of the featured tracks are good in their own way and there is not one definitive track that stands above all others which makes for a fairly balanced album. I've droned on long enough, so I'll leave you to it.

Xero & The Boombox Theorists

No comments:

Post a Comment