Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Once In A While

Strict Joy - The Swell Season

I got my first taste of The Swell Season in the brilliant musical movie "Once" and was quite taken by the charm and genuine tone of the film and the soundtrack. Glen Hansard and Markéta Irglová have the greatest of chemistry and it really comes through in there music; their debut self-titled album was a delight to my ears but this recent installment puts them on another level in my opinion. Though never wandering too far from their Folk style of play, no two songs are alike yet the album manages to keep a coherent message: the real side of love. I would highly recommend checking out their film, you could get a good idea of what the swell season are all about and be entertained at the same time. I've fawned over this long enough; so until next time.


Xero & The Boombox Theorists

No comments:

Post a Comment