Sunday, February 6, 2011

Something Different

Marker - TimPermanent

Let me just start off by saying that the hiatus is now over and we will be doubling our efforts to post in a more timely fashion. I've been sitting on this album for much longer than I would have liked and that's just not right; my first impression of TimPermanent was "I've heard this before", now this can be either a good thing or quite the opposite, in my opinion that familiarity makes it easier to listen to the songs in their entirety and truly appreciate how this artist can stand out from all the others in and around the Pop scene. The ear-worm factor alone was enough to convince me that this was worth posting; I found myself humming the catchier tracks like "Alkaline", "Asymmetrical" and "Extraordinary". Keep in mind though that TimPermanent (love the name) doesn't just make Pop music but is part of the Avant-Pop movement,  which is just a shorter way of saying he mixes his personal style with current culture references and tendencies, making them easier to relate with. As always with my humble suggestions, tuning your ears is a must for this album and very little to ask for when it sounds like this. 


Xero & The Boombox Theorists

No comments:

Post a Comment